this is it.

August 1, 2012 in Uncategorized

I am not writing any monthly updates about my kids! There, I’ve said it.

I’ve been feeling guilty about the lack of updates on Thaddeus’ 18th month (my firstborn is 1.5years old!!)ย  and how Teanne is doing so far since her birth about two months ago. The monthly “deadlines” are making me feel bad and I really don’t need any negative emotions on top of my never-ending to-do list every day.

My kids can’t blame me though since my time is all spent on them. I have to give up time spent on the com because they LOVE to take turns to get my attention during good times or want my attention at the same time during bad times, which is a horrifying situation to be in. I don’t even get to do much online shopping these days cos by the time I get all the stuff I need in my cart, the discount codes had expired. If not for the iPhone, I’d probably be isolated from the rest of the my world too.

I would love to jot down all these little milestones whenever possible but living in the moment with them would be even better. Especially since I’m more than halfway through my maternity leave and won’t be able to spend so much time with them. Major mommy-guilt coming up once my leave is over! So..(belated) updates would be appearing whenever I have enough pockets of time. ๐Ÿ™‚

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply The Beauties In Our Lives August 1, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Yes! Don't feel bad about not updating the monthly updates! I am sure your kids will more than appreciate you writing a blog for them. It is easier to write shorter snippets for memorable occasions ๐Ÿ™‚ So, keep it up still!

• Reply missustay August 1, 2012 at 3:32 AM

i guess there are always photos i can rely on for belated updates. best to enjoy time with them whenever possible! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply mummybean August 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

This is something I've been meaning to blog about. (The irony huh!) Yesterday, I read an article about unplugged moments and the thought that came to mind: Not every moment has to be captured to be memorable. You might not remember every moment, but you will remember how it felt to be in the moment. And that is just as important a memory! (And that's pretty much the summary of my post-to-be. Haha!)

Don't stress! The occasional updates are just as precious!

• Reply missustay August 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM

i have always wished that my eyes can be some sorta camera that takes pictures and videos when i will them to. cos there are simply too many beautiful moments with these little ones. so when i think about them and look at the com, i choose them obviously. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply dreamlaughlive August 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I soooooo hear you on this!! I have given up monthly updates too, just too many things to do and too little time. I guess it's really the time spent with the kids that really matters ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply missustay August 2, 2012 at 6:29 AM

never done so much prioritizing and planning in my head all the time before motherhood. every thing is about them right now. i guess this is the way things are for this stage when they are young and need us. i'm sure we will miss these days when they grow up! so better to soak it up as much as i can and let them need Mommy as much as they can now. heehee.

• Reply Mei Ying August 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Don't need to feel bad. I feel actual time spent with kids is more important than virtual updates!

• Reply missustay August 2, 2012 at 6:26 AM

i think so too. just feel bummed that i'm not documenting all these little memories and milestones somewhere for them, especially teanne.

• Reply libpuritan August 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I think mummybean said it well, too. Better to enjoy the moment, that be tied up capturing it. Chin up, mommy C. You're making the right decision.

I keep an offline (it's an actual notebook) journal as well, where I scribble things I like and anecdotes of what the little ones can do. Now that roo is turning 6, one of our activity is for her to write on my journal what I tell her to write. (It's great for spelling). Blogging is an outlet, and shouldn't be a source of stress. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply missustay August 2, 2012 at 6:24 AM

i feel bad because i am not writing down all these milestones and memories for them to read in future, not really because i don't get to blog. especially feel bad for teanne who doesn't even get much photo updates on my FB as her brother.

but you have a good idea there! i should just jot down all the memorable bits in my phone or on a physical notebook. i can collate them in future when i've the time.

• Reply Tomi August 4, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I also think mummybean said it best too. Now I find using my phone to record events and taking a photo a day of the girls work out better in the memory-keeping (hence my blog being so quiet lately ;))

• Reply missustay August 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM

yes, i'm doing the same too. i just keep taking photos whenever i can. enjoying the moment with the kids is so much more precious!