23 weeks

February 28, 2012 in Uncategorized

At approximately 23 weeks, our dragonlady is about 680g. And my gynae confirmed the gender. Because it’s easier to confirm the gender of a boy than a girl, I keep suspecting that baby #2 may not be a girl after all. Oversuspicious – could be a pregnancy symptom!

That’s about all that I found out during our monthly visit to the gynae’s yesterday. I think we were out of the room in 5 minutes. No thanks to my beloved firstborn who freaked out and wailed when he saw me lying down to do the ultrasound scan. This is the second time it has happened. SIGH! In order to prevent a full-scale meltdown, my gynae had to do things chop-chop – scan, everything looked ok and go! I didn’t even get a decent ultrasound scan picture of dragonlady even though we can clearly see a face now.

According to my parents, Thaddeus is being jealous. I don’t really think so since he’s still too young to understand. Or am I underestimating him? It does seem like he’s more clingy to both the husb and myself these days. He wants us to carry him more often and hugs us to sleep. Definitely a regression here.

But it could just be him showing his love for Mommy because he looked very anxious when I had to lie down to do the ultrasound scan. He would be his cheeky smiley self when he sees the gynae but the moment he sees me lying down, he breaks down.

In any case, he’s not going to tag along the next time. So much for us trying to get him involved. I only remembered all the questions I have for my gynae after we left the clinic. Now, I gotta wait for a month! Need to put all these questions down in my phone.

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Jocelyn February 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Love reading on your pregnancy, congrats again on your 小龙女 on the way! 🙂

• Reply missustay February 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM

thanks babe!

sometimes i feel bad that i don't place so much focus on the pregnancy cos T requires alot of attention now. plus i really want him to enjoy more firstborn perks before #2 arrives.

• Reply Jocelyn February 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I can understand how you felt and I am sure I will feel the same towards Abel next time when planning for #2. Not sure if this is true but a friend told me that somehow our #1 will have an impact in us compared to #2 no matter how. I can't wait for the day Abel becomes a kor kor. heh!

• Reply Jean February 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Kids can sense that something's not quite right in their little world, even though they may be too young to express their feelings. Must pay him a bit more attention and introduce him gently to the baby when she arrives too. 🙂

• Reply missustay February 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM

even at T's age (13mo)? i had assumed he would be alright since we have a few kids at home to share all the attention.

i'll take note! thanks for the tip. 🙂

• Reply danielle February 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM

i dun believe when ppl told me jayden will be jealous when i m pregnant with kaylen..but its seems quite true gal,jayden is quite clingy to me when i m pregnant until meimei is born and now he will throw tantrums n attract attention whenever my mum carries meimei!

• Reply missustay February 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

i cannot imagine having to carry T during the last trimester because as it is now, i'm having severe backaches from the occasional carrying of him.

fortunately, he's clingy not only to me but K as well. so we can rotate between the both of us when we are out and there's always his all-time-favourite Grandpa when we are home.

• Reply ::little projects in style:: March 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM

are you keeping the gender a secret? 🙂 sooo exciting! do you think T would prefer a little sister or brother?

• Reply missustay March 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Hey babe, it's not a secret. I revealed it in the 20-week post. We should be having a girl. I just have doubts cos girl is not as easy to confirm than boy. 😉